Setting Up VPN on Linux
1. Click on the Network Manager icon in tray, select VPN Connections > Configure VPN.
2. On the Network Connections, VPN tab, click on Add button.
3. Select Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) from the list then click Create button.
4. On the Gateway type the NovelVPN Server name “us1.novelvpn.com” then Enter your novelvpn VPN account user name and password (provided in your wellcome email).
5. Click on the Advanced button to open PPTP Advanced Options.
On the Authentication check ONLY the MSCHAP and MSCHAPv2.
On the Security and Compression check ONLY Use Point-to-Point Encryption (MPPE), Security: All Available (Default), Allow Deflate data compression, Use TCP header compression.
Press OK to close the PPTP Advanced Options window.
Press Apply to close the VPN Connection window.
Press Close to close the Network Connection window.
6. To connect, click on the Network Manager in tray, select VPN Connections and click on the VPN Connection you just created.
Thats it! You have finished setting up VPN connection on your Linux OS. If you have a support question please do not hesitate to submit a support ticket and we will gladly answer your question.